Questions about Pioneer DVL-909 LD/DVD player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Stan Rozenfeld, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Stan Rozenfeld

Stan Rozenfeld Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I recently was given a Pioneer DVL-909 LD/DVD player. In the box was also a Yamaha APD-1 RF Demodulator.

Could someone explain to me what is RF demodulator.

Also, the remote control and instruction manual are missing for the dvl-909. Does anyone know where is the best place to buy the remote and possibly download the manual?

Thanks in advance,
    Stan

2. Stan Rozenfeld

Actually, I already found out what yamaha apd-1 rf modulator is.

So if anyone knows where I can find or download an operations manual, and get a remote, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Stan

3. Dick Boneske

Dick Boneske Stunt Coordinator

I also have an old Pioneer Laserdisc player. The remote codes match my newer DVD player. If you don't have one of those, the remote from your receiver will likely work OK if you program it for the first code listed for Pioneer in the instruction book for the receiver (there are always at least five codes listed for Pioneer DVD players).

It would be interesting to hear how you like the 5.1 channel sound from the Laserdiscs compared with DVD 5.1. I have often thought about getting a decoder for my player, as I have dozens of Laserdiscs with 5.1 on them, but can only play the stereo track.

4. Stan Rozenfeld

Hi, Dick,

Thanks for your input. Actually, I got this dvd/ld player as a payment for something someone owed me a while back. I don't have any laserdiscs and won't be buying any, so what I want to do is sell it as soon as possible.

However, I think it will make a much better sale if it comes with remote and manual... once I get them, I'll put it up for sale.

Thanks,
    Stan

5. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

6. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Supporting Actor

I would actually give them a call for the remotes. Sometimes they have the same exact remote cheaper. Different revision or just part number that have a different price.