What's new

Questions about Paradigm trade up policy and could you tell me if I'm getting a deal? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
My dealer said it would cost roughly $1600 American to trade up from Paradigm Monitor v2 11 (x2) CC-370, Mini Monitor (x4) to Studio v2 100 (x2) Studio CC, Studio 20 (x4), but the thing is that 3 of the boxes are ruined so he had to raise the price a little bit. Is this a good deal?

If it isn't a good deal, is it possible to take my speakers that I bought from one dealer to another dealer to see if I can do the trade up there? Basically I just want to know if the Paradigm policy is transferable from dealer to dealer.
Thanks,
James

james e m

Second Unit
Alright, I'll try this one more time. I'm sorry if this is annoying anybody, but it's kind of important.
James

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think Paradigm has an upgrade policy. That is an incentive dealers use to keep you buying at their stores. The trade in policies vary from store to store. If you take your speakers to another dealer, how much credit they give you will be at their discretion.

Are the speakers in like new condition? Are you returning the speakers within the trade in period? I think it sucks that they are penalizing you for the boxes. They just turn around and sell it as used equipment. How much did you pay for the first set of speakers?

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
You know, I might investigate the trade in option. It might be one of those well hidden secrets. I remember hearing the Paradigm rep mention something about it, but it's been a while.

At any rate, even if they do have a trade in offer, you could probably get more money selling them on your own. If you have some patience you'll find someone willing to pay what you want.

- Mike

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Paradigm doesn't actually have an upgrade policy. This is something dealers decide to do on their own.

it's too bad they all don't do it. would sure make upgrading painless.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
at my paradigm dealer you get 90 days to do a possible trade up,if you decide to trade,the total amount paid for the speakers is applied towards the trade.

Nick V

Second Unit
At my dealer, you have a year to do the trade-up. 100% of the money that you spent is applied to your new purchase. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me! Only problem that I ran into, is that they don't carry the Studio line (everything but).

I'm gonna try to find out if they can still order some for me, even though they don't carry them.

If not, I think I'll go with some Monitor Audio Silver Series speakers, but I've still got a bit of saving to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks