What's new

Questions about my new digital cable box? (1 Viewer)

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
I just signed on for AT&T digital cable. I got a motorola box w/out svideo, just composite. For those of you with AT&T digital cable is it possible to remove channels from the lineup so you don't have to scroll through a bunch of local access crap to surf channels? It does have a favorites button but that only scrolls in one direction, if want to go back a couple of channels you have to scroll all the way bac through or direct access the channel. The jury is still out on the service, digital stuff looks pretty good, analog as good as before(not great). Still getting used to all the guides and menus and stuff. I liked cable without the box-able to delete channels you never watch and no delays in changing channels. Oh well, let me know if there is a way to get rid of unwanted channels in my digital lineup. Thanks.

Franklin_C

Auditioning
I am so sorry for you.
This is one of many reason I got a Dish:
1) AT&T did not have cable in our Development until 6 months after we moved in.
2) I hated the brief static when switching channels
3) Do not like the UI
4) I hated having some channels on the low end look ghosty
5) I hated paying $60+ per month for service
and the list goes on...
Once you've tried Dish you won't go back!

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Franklin, I didn't have a lot of options. I rent, and while my landlord would probably not give me any static about installing sat system I preferred not to install multiple recievers and assorted switching equipt. into a multi-story townhouse. When my GF and I buy a house, then I will probably get dishnet service. One plus, they are giving me a $10/month rebate for 3 months so now the digital with all the extras is actually cheaper than my basic+expanded+HBO was. Anyway I am aware of the advantages of satellite, I just am not ready to install all the stuff I want in my rental place. Also GF has a problem with the only location I could place the dish(front of house).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks