What's new

Questions about HK AVR125 (1 Viewer)

Josh Varghese

Stunt Coordinator
For you 125 owners out there...a few questions:

1) Does this unit not feature an adjustable crossover? I could not find anything about it in the OM.

2) This is a weird one - has anyone noticed that the display for the unit is the same as those on higher models (for example if you look upclose you can see the ES for dts es even though this unit does not feature it).

3) The 125 does not have onboard MP3 decoding right? Anyway, for those that do...like the 325, how do you go about using it? I have a turtle beach santa cruz which outputs the digital signal out the right channel of its versajack. Currently if I open up winamp and play something, I'm sure winamp decodes the mp3 and sends the decoded signal out to the receiver to be played. What software do people use to send the pure mp3 TO BE DECODED by the receiver? Is there significant improvement of the sound by letting the HK do the decoding vs the software?

David G Greene

Stunt Coordinator
I don't own the AVR 125,but I do own the AVR 110,which is the same unit. I think that the AVR 125 is a better made unit.

1.No.

2. It's a none issue too me,but I did notice. :D

3.I'm not sure.

:)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I own the HK AVR-225 and I haven't been able to adjust the crossover in the speakers manually unfortunatly. I think you are able to do that on the 325 and up.

I have noticed that on the reciever it features everything the better recievers feature but I would just assume they use the same front panels on all there recievers just to make it easier or maybe it is cheaper for them instead of having all different panels.

As for the MP3's and stuff for the 325 and up I think you need to buy another component HK offers that will link directly to your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks