What's new

Questions about HDMI Converters (1 Viewer)

JohannesM

Auditioning
Real Name
Johannes M
For my setup I need to buy an HDMI 4x2 matrix switch. If I want to run DTS-HD or Dolby True HD through it, does it need to have support for specifically these formats, or will the signal just be passed through? I have been looking at some switches, and some don't state support. Would this (WELCOME TO CE-LINK) work with HD formats?

Also, I want to route my computer through this setup. One of the two outputs from the switch will run to my 1920x1200 monitor. For sources such as a PS3, obviously I will run 1080p, but for my computer to my monitor I need to run 1920x1200. Will these switches support this resolution since they all only state support for up to 1080p.

Thanks,
Johannes M

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Monoprice.com has a 4x2 switch. Their customer service it top notch. Give them a call and they should be able to help you with all of your questions. I run one of their 4x2 switches for 3 DVRs between 2 TV's.

-Robert

JohannesM

Auditioning
Real Name
Johannes M
Thanks for showing me that site. They have some pretty sweet prices. I'll call them tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks