What's new

Questions about Buffy (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Im new to the show and I just started watching last night. The main reason I started was because I was so tired of finding nothing on before 24.

First up, has it always been that racy this early in prime time.

Next of is why does Buffy always have a different hair style every other sceen.

Third, is there a reason for the crying at the end of the episode (I missed the reason since I was in the bathroom)

The local station in Baltimore (UPN 24), missed the part where they show what happens next time.

Does anybody have the episodes on tape or are they gonna show repeats the next coupple of weeks.

Lastly, what time does it come on FX and in the Local Syndication channel which I think is FOX 5 in DC or WB 54.

Thanks for the time and I hope to catch next weeks episode.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Next of is why does Buffy always have a different hair style every other sceen.
She doesn't. The hair is just highlighted and looks different because of that.
Third, is there a reason for the crying at the end of the episode (I missed the reason since I was in the bathroom)
The local station in Baltimore (UPN 24), missed the part where they show what happens next time.
Yes. Hmmm, how do I keep this simple.....
Spike is an evil and sadistic vampire who was tamed because a government anti-monster unit placed a chip in his head that keeps him from harming humans. A hopeless romantic in life, the chip and his close proximity to Buffy has caused him to develop an almost pseudo soul. last season, Buffy died, and her friends brought her back to life, believing she was in some hell dimension (she was actually in heaven). Later on, Spike found out that he can hit Buffy now (because, as was explained in the episode, her molecular structure is slightly askew). Feeling, alone, detached and desperite, Buffy turned to Spike, the only person who has any perspective on coming back from the death that she knows. This lead to a sexual relationship that Buffy knows is unhealthy and wrong, but she can't seem to stop herself. She had been using the fact that she thought she came back wrong as the reason why she felt this way, but now that she knows it's NOT that, she can't handle it. That's why she was crying.
That's the short version :)
Does anybody have the episodes on tape or are they gonna show repeats the next coupple of weeks.
Next week is a new one, then 2 repeats on the same night, then another new one. Then repeats till sometime in March/April where we'll get 1 more new one before hitting the home stretch.
Lastly, what time does it come on FX and in the Local Syndication channel which I think is FOX 5 in DC or WB 54.
FX is on at 6 and 7PM. I have no idea where they are in the seasons, but I suggest you pick up the season 1 DVD set, and then wait for Season 2 to start again on FX. Buffy is a show that is VERY dependant on the past, and there is quite a bit of research/watching you'll have to do toreally understand what's going on.
Check your local listings for the weekend syndication day/time. It's usually Saturday in the early or late evening.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
thanks for the info, it comes on around 11:00pm on sundays. Since it only comes on once a week:) maybe theire still on season 1.
I heard that seaon 1 was on a low budget, and it was very dark, did the dvd fix that in any way

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They are somewhere in season 2 in the once a week repeats. There are 2 tracks of those, 1 started in season 1, 1 started in season 3.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
supposing that they are going in order, will they start with the piolt any time soon. Also is there any word when season 2 is on DVD

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Given that they're in season 4, it should recycle in about 3 weeks

Season 2 DVD is due in June

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
he's right

2.08 - The Dark Age

I'm pretty sure that the one line is on about 3.21, or 3.22 the Graduation Day episodes.

The other line is in the middle of season 2. It's still early enough in the show to really grab on though.

I didn't even fully start until mid-season 2, and I consider myself a pretty big fan who knows a lot about the show.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Any places that sell season one under 34.95 which is what Sam Goody and Best Buy had them for

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy is selling Season 1 for $29.99 starting on Sunday for this upcoming week. I snuck a peek at the early early Sunday paper while grocery shopping tonight. :)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It would appear that Buffy is also available at Wal-Mart for the everyday low price of $29.99.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
It looks like I will be at Best Buy sometime this week and will have my VCR set for 11:00 for the syndication repeat

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm pretty sure my local Wal-Mart has the Buffy Season One set for $27.99 as an EDLP. It was also on sale at my local FYE/Coconuts for $29.99.

If you, or a friend, have access to Costco, you might check there. I got mine at Costco for $25.99 (though they seemed to have very limited quantities...I searched the whole DVD section and only saw two copies).

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
A hopeless romantic in life, the chip and his close proximity to Buffy has caused him to develop an almost pseudo soul.
The soul stuff isn't official. Some people are caught up on the idea that love requires a soul, but the show has never indicated overtly that the chip and Spike's affection have created a "pseudo soul". That stuff is controversial and debatable. What can be said is that Spike can't pursue his evil ways because of the chip and so he's adapted, fighting on the good side. He's been at least obsessed with Buffy since he met her, and some might say his love for her predates hit chip-age.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks