What's new

Question (1 Viewer)

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my setup: Denon 2802, JBL S412p(mains no LFE), JBL L-1(center), JBL S38's(rears), and my newly built Tempest driven Sonosub tuned to 16.5hz(18" Sonotube x 66" length x 6" x 26" port) driven by a Technics DPL receiver. Set up into 8ohms. My set-up is down in my family room(14'x25'7.5"). I am getting such huge low-end bass in the upstairs. It "feels" so much better upstairs than downstairs. Can anyone expalin why and how to get the extreme "low-end" back downstairs where I want it. Now I do have the setup on the width end, will I get better performance if I go lengthwise?

Cam S

Screenwriter
I seem to get a bit of this problem to with my ported Shiva. I think it's because my Shiva in downstairs on the carpeted concrete, and upstairs is wood floors, so it doesn't absorb as much sound as the concrete does, especially bass. I've always been told it's better to have a sub on a wood base flooring than concrete.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Try putting a wood base underneath the sub, it might help if the sub is presently sitting on carpet.

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick something like maybe a small platform? I am debating if I should move my whole setup upstairs to gain the benefit of the extreme low end? I hate to miss out on the potential of my setup...

Users who are viewing this thread