What's new

Question: Yoda dialog in ESB (moved) (1 Viewer)

Last night my girlfriend and I got through watching ESB (trying to have her watch 4-6 before we watch TPM DVD).
I thought I heard an interesting line from Yoda. I tried going back and still had trouble understanding what he said.
Yoda was talking about having trained Jedi for 800 years and then (I believe) he said something about the Jedi Council betraying him. Did I hear this right? Anyone know exactly what he said?
Thanks.
Could be a little insight to Episode 3..??..??

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Sorry, no.
He says, "For 800 years have I trained Jedi, my own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained."

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed, Chad is correct. From the screenplay:
"Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"
Lucas only really had an outline of the backstory at the time of the classic trilogy, whilst much of his ideas at the time were detailed they probably were not detailed enough to much such subtle hints within episodes 4, 5 and 6. He's really shaping the story present day.
Dan (UK)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I suspect you just misheard Yoda, caught the word "counsel" and your brain tried to fill in the blanks. Happens all the time.
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

Yeah I was watching it on VHS
tongue.gif

Your probably right my brain interpreted 2 words I really heard:
counsel = council
be trained = betrayed
Oh well.
Thanks guys!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Come on out to the parking lot, Ashley! You've been selected as the winner of a brand-new toy Yoda! Congratulations!
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks