Question to those who've purchase 24 on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris Utley, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Chris Utley

Chris Utley Auditioning

Has anyone had a problem with the discs being packaged poorly? I just got season 2 and the first two discs were loose when I opened the box. Hence disc one was scratched in several places and disc two even had part of the label stuck to it. I can't remember exactly with season 1 but I do know I had to exchange it because every disc had a few skips and smudges. So I wondered if everyone had this problem or just me.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I had to shake a few at the store before I found one that didn't have a loose disc inside it. That's harder to do, though, if you order online.

3. Alex K.

Alex K. Agent

You had to shake them?? Wont that make them come loose? Well, I guess it depends on how much you shook them... Im a picky customer, i make them open them for me [​IMG]

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

This is not just a problem with 24, it's a problem with virtually all Fox TV sets. I've luckily never had any problems with 24, but I've had a handful of scratched Angel and Buffy discs.

5. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Before I picked up S2 of 24 I lightly shook the box, just to listen for anything that might've been loose. I didn't hear anything, and when I opened the package everything was secured in place. You won't have to shake the package very much to notice something is loose...

By the way, I just finished the set yesterday, and think it as well worth the purchase. The A/V quality was stunning for a tv show, can't wait to get to the extras...

6. Chris Utley

Chris Utley Auditioning

Glad it's not just my bad luck here but does anyone have a suggestion? I was just going to exchange them for a new set, but when I did that with S1 and amazon.com the set they replaced it with wasn't much better. I wonder if Fox has an address for complaints. [​IMG]

7. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

I'd wish they (Fox) would use the same packaging as their Region 2 product.

8. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

We're not talking severe shaking. Just enough to listen for loose discs. Didn't juggle them or anything [​IMG]