What's new

Question to Nero users (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
i usually use cd-creator, but thought (based upon recommendations from you all) to give nero a try. it seems pretty powerful, but it does one thing that totally annoys me.
what's with it "analyzing" my audio files before i can add them to the left-pane? it takes like 40 seconds (which is an eternity in pc time) to add each file. will it do this with data files too?
is there a way to disable it...i checked the preferences but couldn't find anything.
that alone will keep me from using this program.
thx!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's verifying that the file meets the spec for the format you're burning. Helps keep you from coastering. It only verifys with CDA and VCD

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Are you using MP3s? They have to be converted to the AIFF format for burning.

Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...

for my test, i was using a compilation cd that i created. i don't think i actually tried with an original cd. can't remember now...

so, you're saying that it won't do that as long as i copy from the original cd?

that would be okay by me. i'll double-check tonight when i have more time.

i pretty much never convert mp3 to wav - never sounds good to me.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
Well, I've tried burning a compiliation CD using various original CDs from my personal collection. I'm having the same problem. When loading the files from CD to PC, Nero sits there "analyzing" the tracks for what seems like forever. Please tell me this isn't normal.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
One option that might be a problem is that Nero seems to want to normalize audio tracks, which can be disabled. This will take the volumes as is, but it should be fine for a disc to disc copy. The only delay I've found in making audio discs from wav files on my HD is when I insert a new blank and Nero seems to be checking its capabilities. Otherwise, no 40s delay here. Now that I think about it, is there any way to make it default to not normalize the files and not put the 2s gap between tracks? Not really a fan of either practice.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I use disc-at-once but it still defaults to a 2 second gap. I always have to edit the properties on all the tracks (except the 1st one) to remove the gap.

On mine it appears to rip the tracks to the HD when the tracks are selected. Once they're all done, I can burn the CD without it needing the original CDs anymore.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
It's easy to remove the gap. Just select all of the tracks except the first -- quickest way to do it is to click on the 2nd track, then shift-click on the last track. Right click on the selection and choose Properties, and any changes you make there will apply to every selected track. That's also a quick way to put the same artist CD-text on every song.

Brian Hepler

Stunt Coordinator
You guys may want to make sure that you have disabled Nero's song & CD databases. It may be trying to look up the song & artist information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks