What's new

Question to Kenwood 9060 Signal and Setting (1 Viewer)

Gretschi

Auditioning
Hi guys,

I just have here a Kenwood 9060 in Europe (6070 in the US) Receiver for testing. I found two problems and I hope you can help:
1. The receiver looses the signal from time time of the HTPC. Means in DVD Mode it's switching between DD and Stereo . Looks like it is confused. The Soundcard is coaxial connected to the receiver. Is possible to increase the sencity of the input?

2. I want to watch only in DVD Mode Input coacial and Video2 with the center. In normal Music Mode I don't want the Center because it is so strong... I can't find anything in the manual which helps.
Thanks
Gregor

GregLee

Stunt Coordinator
I've encountered some problems with my 6070 which may be related to your #1. When it autodetects the input mode, it doesn't always set the playing mode appropriately. So it might help to set the input mode to "digital manual" rather than leave it on "full auto".

For #2, I don't understand what you mean by "music mode". Do you mean a two channel pcm signal, like from a CD? If you choose "stereo" for the listening mode while playing a pcm source, I think the receiver will remember this and go to stereo mode for the next pcm signal it encounters. However, if you mean PLII:music mode, my 6070 does not correctly retain this mode setting after inputs have been switched. This is one of the problems I've encountered with it.

Gretschi

Auditioning
Ok, sorry I will clarify:
I just want the receiver to shut off the center when I hear Music over CD/Tuner (Analog Input). When I then want to watch a movie the receiver should automatically remember the center again.
Hope that helps?

GregLee

Stunt Coordinator
I just set my 6070 to PL2:movie, playing a Dolby Digital 2.0 source, changed it to FM tuner and set the listening mode to stereo (no center). Then I went back to the DD 2.0 source, and found the PL2:movie setting had been lost (this is one of the things my 6070 does incorrectly). I set the listening mode to PL2:movie, again. Then I switched the input back to the FM tuner, and the mode was still stereo, as I had set it previously.

So, my receiver does seem to correctly remember that the listening mode should be stereo for an analog or pcm source, once that has been selected. It does not always remember a previous setting for a Dolby Digital source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks