Question: Sony 32" TV Models

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mijang, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Mijang

Mijang Agent

I want a Sony 32" TV that will support a progressive scan DVD player (I plan on purchasing the Sony DVP-NS755V). I don't want to spend more than $1500; I would rather spend around $1000. What are my options in terms of the various models available? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've been doing a little research online and the KV-32HS500 and KV-HV600 both seem to meet my needs. What is the reason for the $200 price difference between these two models, as the specs seem the same to me?

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I guess the KV-HV600 is the XBR replacement. A few small inprovements to the HS500, and I guess a better warranty.

4. Bob S

Bob S Extra

The most notable difference I believe (other than the warranty) is that the HV allows you to adjust the DRC level (even basically turning it off) while the DRC is always on 100% on the HS.

Adjusting DRC is handy because DRC can make a mess of poor quality signals (like some cable systems) so turning it down improves the picture in those cases.

I don't own either but this is what I have gathered from other posts I've read and from playing with both sets at an electronics store.

5. Michael Gretton

I can tell you that I own the HS500 and it is a wonderful set. DVDs are awesome and Xbox is breathtaking.