1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question, Shaking Picture on TV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Michael Yung, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

A friend of my have a HT setup with a 32" direct view TV and a HTiB. When he plays certain DVDs, the piciture shakes. I noticed this happens when there's low-frequence, like Pixar's opening animation.

My guess is that the cables should be shielded but is that right? The subwoofer is placed next to the TV cabinet, we tried to move the sub away from the walls but that didn't help either. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Tim Fennell

Tim Fennell Stunt Coordinator

It sounds like there is some shielding issues with one or more speakers. My guess would be the center channel as that is usually the closest to the tv but the mains might be the culprit as well.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What kind of TV is it?

Could be shielding problems, or if it's a trinitron, it could be the trinitron screen is shaking from the vibration.

You can test the latter if it is a trinitron by physically hitting the TV gently to see if it shakes the same way or if what you see is something different. My friend had a TV with the sub too close and it would get a little wacky on bass-heavy scenes. Also try moving the sub physically further away from the TV.