Question(s) for Dynaudio Contour 1.3MKII owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew_Ba, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Matthew_Ba

Matthew_Ba Extra

1. Are these speakers bi-amp capable ? I am doing it with my current speakers and really liked the results.
    2. Are you using them in a HT environment (I assume most are if they are on this forum) ? If so, what center and surrounds are you using with them ?
    3. What sub are you using with them ?

I am considering these versus the Revel M20 and B&W 805. They are a little more expensive but probably worth it, I just need to give them a better listen as I ran out of time when I heard them last (spent most of my tmie with the Revel F30).

2. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

1. Nope, and not necessary
    2. Nope, my 1.3SEs are my stereo system, although will probably by a third for the center. In your case, I would get contour center and 1.1s for the rears. In fact, i would get the 1.3SEs and drop down to Audience 52s for the rears...they are superior to the MKIIs

3. No sub, but if I run them HT, i will probably use a REL (and integrate music/ht). I get high 30 cycles in my room, so they put out much more bass than they lay on by size...

IMHO the 1.3SEs are superior to the 805s and M20s. For the same price you can get 1.3SEs used or maybe new if you look around. They are a stunning monitor---and the birds eye maple finish with titanium surrounds is striking on good stands (i use Osiris). You would have to spend over 6k in my experience to compete....

KeithR

3. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

I agree the 1.3SE's are definatly worth the money. I auditioned them and sounded great. Even when they sound great, I wouldn't spend $3000 for bookshelf speakers, that just sound wrong to me.

4. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

The Dynaudio Contour 1.3 Mk. II SE is the best mini monitor I've ever heard. It also has a significant amount of bass with the right (i.e. powerful) electronics.