What's new

Question regarding the LE versions of Halloween and AOD (1 Viewer)

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Are the THX single disc versions of Halloween and Army of Darkness that are out now the exact same discs that are found in each respected LE?

I have both the LE's and was over at a friends house who has the newer THX single disc versions and the discs look identical, from the screen painted art work on the disc itself to the menu screens as well as the extras.

Did Ancho Bay simply let the LE run OOP then just re-package the first discs of each set to sell again? No big deal just curious, I guess I assumed that the LE discs were different and that Anchor Bay went back and repressed the movies again to re-sell, with perhaps fewer extras.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
AB released the first discs of both LE sets as unlimited regular releases. These single-disc releases were released concurrently with the 2-disc LEs and are nothing new.

DJ

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
So the single disk versions that are readily available today are the exact same discs as the disc #1 in the LE sets? When I say same disc I literally mean the exact same disc, not that they sport the same transfers and have the same extras but literally the exact same disc, down to the screen printing on the discs themselves.

So basically, if someone had the 2 disc set and the first disc of the set got damaged then all they would have to do is go out and buy the single disc version and you could replace disc one of the set.

I appreciate your help, I was just curious, plus it is good to know in case disc one in either of the LE sets I have go bad then I can just go and buy the single disc versions to replace the discs.

Thanks.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
So the single disk versions that are readily available today are the exact same discs as the disc #1 in the LE sets? When I say same disc I literally mean the exact same disc, not that they sport the same transfers and have the same extras but literally the exact same disc, down to the screen printing on the discs themselves.
AFAIK, yes. They were released on the very same day as the LEs, so I would imagine that AB only produced one kind of those discs. I don't own the single-disc versions, so I have no way of confirming whether the disc art is identical.

DJ

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
That is good to know in case someting ever happens to one of my disc ones.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Of course they would be missing the proper inserts and various post cards that were inserted in the two LE's. Not to mention the holographic cover from the Halloween LE. Also, what about the second disk of AOD, the directors cut. Is the Bootleg Cut that's out now the same disc as disc 2? Surely not.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's actually lenticular instead of holographic, but your point still stands.
Thanks, I just assumed it was holographic.

Still seems weird that Anchor Bay wouldn't at the very least change the screen printing to make the LE discs stand out from the regular disc versions. Not that it's that big of a deal, I guess I just always assumed that they were different. I suppose if anyone is looking to buy one of the AOD LE's on eBay they might want to check out the number to make sure it isn't the number of the scanned cover at dvdcoverart. There might be a lot of that particular number floating around.

Jonny R

Agent

Yes it is. AOD Bootleg Cut is LE-Disc 2. Like Halloween LE Disc 2 is the "Extended Version" out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks