What's new

Question regarding SpectraPlus and Mic comp (1 Viewer)

Russell R

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I am using the radio shack spl meter #42-3019. This is an older model, but I do have the response graph.
I do not understand what values will comprise the microphone compensation table. If there is a dip at 1khz by 10db (-10db in reference to 0), then what would be the entered value? 1000 -10, or 1000 10? Do I need to actually add the symbol + to a positive number? Will the table reflect what the response curve is showing or will the table reflect what needs to be done to the curve to compensate?
What test tones should I be using? Currently, I am using AVIA Wide-Band Pink noise. Are there any problem with this? AVIA vs. VE Pink noise. Are they the same?
Thanks,
RODERPLEX

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
direct from my spectra manual:
1)run the notepad.exe application,spreadsheet or word processor that can produce a standard ASCII file.
2)enter 2 columns of numbers representing the mic response curve
3)the LEFT column contains the freq. in HZ
4)the RIGHT column contains the offset in Dbs(this offset is subtracted form the logarithnic sceptrum value)
5)enter the info in ascending freq. order.
6)seperate the columns with a tab character
example
100(tab)-10.0
500.0(tab)-5.0
1000.0(tab)0.0
10000.0(tab)-2.0
20000.0(tab)-15.5
any line with a semicolon in the first column will be treated as a comment line and be ignored By convention, mic compnesation files have an extension of .MIC
-----
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks