What's new

Question regarding Panasonic PT-AE100 (1 Viewer)

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
Assuming the European variant of the Panny AE100 has the same basic specs as the North American, as a UK based potential buyer (for info. best price I can find is US $2K inc. del & tax) I have a question:

Am I right in assuming that the throw distance & maximum projection size are connected i.e. 1.2 metres between projector and screen gives 40 inch picture and 7.4 meters gives 200 inch picture (based on 16:9 image)

Thanks in advance for your help.

(sorry to double post but the original seems to have got lost in some highly technical 'screen door' discussion)

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
Cheers, Chris.

Think I'll stick to my 56" RPTV, this baby seems a bit of a false economy, I mean I'll have to buy a house with 7.4 meter clearance between projector and screen, that aint cheap, not in the UK at least.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
No, No, No. Here's the AE100 projection distance numbers(for minimum dis):

2.03 meters= 80 inch screen.

2.54 meters= 100 inch screen.

3.81 meters= 150 inch screen.

5.08 meters= 200 inch screen.

I am currently projecting my AE100 in the 84 inch screen range and sitting about 1.7 distance. Wonderful picture and plenty big.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yikes. Dude, those measurements are in FEET !! The AE100 is a short through projector :cool:
In order for me to watch my 73" screen (I don' own an ae100 yet, I'm still dreaming) I'll have to have the projector within 8.5 feet or 2.59 meters. Thats not bad, but actually closer than I'd like :)
If you were thinking about the AE100, look into it more. Its pretty cool and you won't need 7.4 meters!
BTW, any chance you folks in the UK have access to the newer NAD T752 and T762 receivers yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks