Question regarding Operation Time data in service menu

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Cagri, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

Hi. Some of you will remember from my previous thread, i'm having some problems with my Loewe Calida. Instead of resurrecting that quite long thread, I thought it's better to seek help in another one as the information I'm looking for is rather independent of what I've been experiencing.
    Anyways, I got my replacement TV on Saturday. In the service menu there's an info; "operation time" and it reads 617 hours. I thought they'd sent me a display set and called them. The tech said that the data doesn't mean that the set has been used/kept on for 617hours, but they use a software to test the electronics and with the help of this software the set is tested as if it has worked for several hundred hours. The tube is not on during the process. If it doesn't develop any problems they then put it in the market. He said he has seen TVs with upto 1000 hours readings out of the box.

This makes no sense to me, none at all... Is there really such a test, anyone knows?

2. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

isn't there anyone who has got some knowledge on this matter guys? I'm now in thouch with Loewe Headquarters in Germany and I really need some backup on this.