What's new

Question regarding Denon 3808ci (1 Viewer)

patjams

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick James
After reviewing many of the threads here, there's no doubt my question is likely remedial as most of the people on here have far greater technical skills than I do. However, I can;t figure out why my Audyssey "midnight/Evening Mode" won't work on my unit. It is one of the main reasons I purchased this unit as my wife hates the variations in volume for different programs like commercials, movies, etc... I have the setting on correctly, but for some reason, the volume increases and decreases and I was under the impression it wasn't supposed to when that feature was turned on. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have it hooked up to an HD DirecTV box, Panasonic Elite 50" plasma with built in surround sound speakers throughout the house and I can't figure it out. Help if you can. Thank you.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The feature that controls changes in volume is Audyssey Dynamic Volume not Midnight/Evening mode. I don't think Dynamic Volume came with the 3808 but there is a package-upgrade that apparently installs this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks