What's new

Question reality! Need help making list of films. (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for movies about people who discover that the lives they've been living aren't real. Or they discover that they are not who they think they are. Movies like The Matrix, Dark City, 13th Floor, The Truman Show, Total Recall, possibly Fight Club, possibly Mulholland Dr. Even The Usual Suspects
might be considered for this.

Ideally, I'd like the ones that are available on DVD but that is not a requirement

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I would include The Manchurian Candidate and Telefon. Both involve the cold-war equivalent of what you're looking for: the brain-washed assassin who doesn't know he or she is an assassin.
There's a very fine Gregory Peck film called Mirage, in which Peck plays a man suffering from amnesia. And of course there's the classic Hitchcock thriller, Spellbound.
M.

Greg Rowe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Sixth Sense

Seventh Day(?)

What Dreams May Come

EDIT - that would be the Sixth Day - I think the Seventh day would be a VERY boring movie :b

RobTrev

Grip
I guess I'll use the spoiler thing, even though the movie's pretty ancient by now:

Jacob's Ladder

Oh, and you could make a case for The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't know how I could have overlooked this. It's a recent film about to be released on DVD:

The Others

M.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Why are you guys using spoiler masks on the titles of movies? A spoiler mask is good for avoiding spoilers of movies you haven't seen, but it does no good if you don't say what movie you're talking about!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
but it does no good if you don't say what movie you're talking about!
It gives someone the option of opening the thread to see what the discussion is about, without necessarily being told that a particular movie is about someone who discovers that he's really someone (or something) else.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks