What's new

Question re: the new 13 Going on 30 dvd.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard their is a new 13 Going on 30 dvd coming out in Feb. What is different from the original release?? This is one of my daughters favorites..so I want to know if its worth it to upgrade.

Derek.R

Auditioning
There doesn't appear to be any difference between the two, except for the different cover art.

Anyone have any further information?

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Sony offers up English, French, and Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks on the new edition, as well as English, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese subtitles. Aside from that, it seems almost all of the extras from the previous release has been ported over.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There are 2 new features: An "'80s Fashion Flashback" featurette and an alternate beginning and ending. I didn't put this in my review queue since it appeared at the time to be nearly the same as the old edition, so if anyone gets both versions and wants to post a comparison, that would be great! If I had to guess, I would expect it to be the same transfer.

Derek.R

Auditioning
^^^ Is it possible the alternate beginning and ending were included as part of the deleted scenes in the original release?

Like todd s, I'm debating which version to purchase. So far, it looks like the original release is still the better one?!?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It is possible -- I have no idea. Why do you think the original release is the better one? The new one has more languages and more extras. It doesn't appear to have dropped anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks