What's new

Question re: receiving High Def signals.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am going to be getting a HD compatable set and will probably be getting the HD receiver from Dishnetwork(service I use now). Also, I live about 50 miles outside of NYC and get those stations as my local. What channels are available in HD and what is the best way to get them?

Thanks!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dish does not carry local channels in HD, nor are they likely to in the near future. It's a bandwidth thing. You're going to have to get yourself a set-top box (unless you sign up for local cable) and an antenna

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
Dishnetwork offers:

HBO-HD
Showtime-HD
Discovery-HD
and CBS-HD

I know that the westcoast version of CBS-HD is the L.A. broadcast and am fairly certain the the eastcoast version is NYC.

If you want to get HD signals from local NBC, ABC, PBS, and Fox you will need an antenna and an "adapter" for your JVC 6000 (Dishnetwork) receiver.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Todd --

As you probably know, the main HD broadcast antennna in NYC was destroyed on 9/11. Right now, only CBS and NBC are broadcasting in HD; I believe they're using an antenna on the Empire State Building. The ABC and Fox HD (a faux HD in Fox's case) are still off the air, although they're supposed to be back in the fall. PBS (Thirteen) is broadcasting HD, but it's not their scheduled programming but a series of travel documentaries.

Caveat: I don't receive OTA, and the above is based on what's currently available on Time Warner Cable. But TWC-NYC is usually pretty current with what the major networks are doing.

M.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Go to titantv.com and sign up(it's free)and it'll tell you what is being broadcast in your area.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks