What's new

Question re: Markdowns (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Over in software last week was a thread about a markdown on some of the R & H musical titles:
DeepDiscountDVD.com has the following for release this coming Tuesday (8/13):
South Pacific
Oklahoma
Carousel
State Fair (All for $14.64)
My question is: how do these markdowns filter down to B & Ms? I have been patiently waiting for markdowns to complete my collection of these films. Now that the markdowns seem to be here, I am no longer patient! :D
I am still finding prices of $19.99 and $ 24.99 in all the stores I frequent. Any help?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, Mike, I've checked into this:
First off, you forgot to include The King and I. :)
Fox's 1-disc DVDs in the Rodgers and Hammerstein's collection have been marked down to an SRP of $19.98, effective as of August 13th. This information was not available through my usual sources for the Weekly Roundup markdown lists, which is why I neglected to include it there. :p)
Best Buy apparently has chosen to reflect the new pricing with a $19.99 street price in their stores (and on their website, natch). In other words, they think it's priced plenty low enough, and need to make up for some of their loss leaders. :rolleyes
Circuit City is doing a bit better at $15.99 per title. Equitable, if you want it pronto and want to go the B&M route instead of ordering online. This assumes its in-stock, of course. :)
OTOH, Amazon has them for $16.99-17.98 each title.
I bet if you keep an eye on your local Target (the bigger ones, anyway), you can find these for a decent price sooner or later. I have a funny feeling that these are the types of things that end up at Target at about $14.44-ish range.
Of course, you can get all five of those PLUS the 2-disc version of The Sound of Music all in a Rodgers and Hammerstein Box Set, that now sells for roughly $80-90 in most places. I've seen those in Costco all along for around that price, so after these markdowns it should be downright cheap!! :eek:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave: I've said it before...and I'll say it again...

You da man! You are truly "the answer man" in Coupons & Bargains.

Thanks a ton! Off to Circuit City I go! I'm finally going to replace my widescreen VHS of Oklahoma!

Oh what a beautiful mornin'! Oh what a beautiful day!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, went to my local Circuit City today. They had nothing except the Sound of Music (which I already have, along with the King and I). :frowning:
I am looking for Oklahoma, South Pacific, and maybe State Fair.
If anyone sees these below the new $19.99 MSRP, I'd be grateful to hear about it.
I DID, however, find a difficult title "The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg" for just $15.99 at Circuit City. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks