What's new

Question re: Jack & The Beanstalk, pt.2?.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first 40 minutes of part 2. Can someone explain what really happened when the original Jack went up? I know it is completely different from the version told about in part 1.

Thanks!

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
The giant welcomed him in and showed him the Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs and the Magic Harp. The girl had also fallen in love with him. She showed him where the giant kept his treasures.

One night Jack snuck into the place where the treasures were and the girl found him. He promised her he would be come back to bed in a while. When she left he stole the goose and the harp.

The giant found out and chased him. He begged him to come back and then started to climb down himself. The beanstalk disintegrated and his son caught his hand. Unable to pull him up the giant asked his son to let him go.

You know the rest.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. I cannot believe they already have the dvd available to purchase, with extras.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They already have the DVD ready because it was supposed to air last May.
I happen to know the Giant :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think it was mostly because NBC didn't have a good slot for it open during sweeps. I don't think Bill ever got a really concrete reason.
For those trivia buffs, Bill Barretta also co-wrote the story, and also happens to be Pepe the Prawn, Bobo the Bear, Rolf and the Swedish Chef(plus many more) for the Muppets :)

Lisel

Stunt Coordinator
I can't find the DVD at DVD Empire or Amazon. Can anyone point me to an e-tailer that carries it, or is it available only from the company advertised on TV?

Thanks!

Lisel

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,
Wasn't it on CBS?
Also, I was watching it on tape, and thought that they aspect ratio seemed odd: Cramped, with things being out of frame that seemed logical to be in frame. Is this a 16x9 production that was broadcast in 4:3, or am I just so addicted to widescreen films that 4:3 television is uncomfortable to my sensitive eyes :D .
That being said, does anyone know what AR & Anamorphic status the DVD will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks