What's new

Question re: Forbidden Planet L.E. (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I have been meaning to pick this up for the longest time, in fact I was really anticipating it's release but unfortunately I was out of town and Warners distribution was apparently quite poor for Canadian retailers and stock sold out immediately. I've been to all the local retailers and it's the same story. So this morning I finally decided to just order the thing online and purchased it from DigitalEyes.

I apologize if this thread is a bit self-serving but the reason I never bothered to order through e-tailers before is because I'm quite picky when it comes to box sets and "special" packaging like this and since I've never seen the set in stores... I'm just wondering whether I can expect to receive my order with a dented tin and banged up digipak inside from enduring transit?

How was the set packaged on shelf - was it just the tin with a sticker on it or was it in some sort of box or plastic container? Is the tin itself well produced or is it light and flimsy? Does the toy come inside the tin box or is that packaged separately?

Anyone else order the package online and did you have any problems or did it arrive safely and in pristine condition?

I've gotten a lot better over the years with this DVD O.C.D. :) After so many purchases, eventually reality had simply set in and I've become much more tolerable of "issues"... but this looks like such a beautiful package.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
It's the same kind of tin box that the Supes Ultimate set came in, if you're familiar with that. Inside you get a digipak version of the two-disc set that has a cardboard slip cover. This cover has the same kind of shiny, reflective surface as a lot of the Disney Platinum editions. Behind that is a cardboard placeholder for the plastic Robbie the Robot figure, which is very small. Much, much smaller that you would expect. This placeholder has a trippy, outerspace design on it. That's all I can remember about the contents of the box.

Some of the tins that I saw in the stores were quite dented and scratched. I picked out the best one (because I have full-blown DVD OCD) but even that one had a slightly warped door which was undetectable until I opened it.

It's a pretty neat package all together.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
If the online retailer is reputable, you'll find that your order will come well protected. I remember the first time I ordered DVDs from Amazon and I was concerned, knowing what some mail order stuff came like (Columbia House, anyone?). I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the contents. Absolutely pristine, and Amazon has a great return policy if the stuff is damaged. I've never ordered from Digital Eyes before though.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine from Amazon.ca, and the only thing that was wrong with it was that one of the antennas on the Robby figurine was bent a bit. But seeing as the figurine is inside the packaging, this had nothing to do with the shipping. The risk of this happening would've been the same had I bought it from a store.

So go ahead and order it online.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Bought mine from DeepDiscountDVD (now just DeepDiscount) and it arrived in immaculate shape. I consider myself quite lucky...I'm ridiculously anal about packaging, as well, and wouldn't have risked it if the price hadn't been so low at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks