What's new

Question re: downloading "Kola Cell" (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I do not have XBox live service (long story). However, one of my best friends does. Would I be able to take my XBox and my copy of Splinter Cell over to his house, connect to XBox live, and download the new level? In other words, do you need to purchase seperate XBox live accounts if you own multiple XBox's? I would assume so, but thought I would ask. I can't try it because I'm thousands of miles away right now and won't be back home for a few more weeks.

Thanks!

James D S

Screenwriter
No. XBL has a feature that allows you to copy the account to a memory card for transport. From there, you can load it onto any Xbox you want. Feature should be located in the dashboard under account management.

This is what I had to do to get my other Xbox prepped to download the extra mechs and maps for Mechassault. It wasn't as fun playing a system link game without the extra content on both consoles.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
True, but the problem here is Kola Cell is way to big to fit on a memory card...if MY memory is correct.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
So, am I saving the account information to a memory card, or the entire programming code for Kola Cell?

James D S

Screenwriter
I figured you would take your Xbox over to your friend's house. There you would download a copy of Kola Cell onto your machine using his account (that you copied over using the memory card).

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
James,
Yes, I would take my machine over to his house. Thanks for the reply. I just might pick up a memory card, however, I haven't had the need to do so as of yet.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Sorry, I'm just way behind on this, has this OXM come out yet in stores? Some Splinter Cell forum I've checked say it's now in Next month's issue which I presume is July...

Jay

Dan B

Screenwriter
Kola Cell was supposed to be in this month's OXM which I got this week & is actually the August issue, but has been delayed until next month's issue which will be the September issue...but subscribers will have it in July & it'll be on newstands in August. :D

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Very cool. We downloaded the level on to his Xbox and I played it for about ten minutes. Great level. I'm looking forward to getting my own copy.

In other news, to my amazement, my buddy doesn't like Splinter Cell! He stated that he doesn't like games where he can't go through levels simply kicking ass and is forced to think how to advance through different stages. To each is own, I guess. I still think he is missing out on a fantastic game and should at least give it a chance. Then again, this is the same guy who won't give Halo a chance because it's sometimes hard to tell where your character is jumping in first-person shooters, even though you really don't need to jump in Halo anyway. Yet he played hours upon hours of The Hulk and Stuntman. I don't think I will ever understand his choice of games.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Kola Cell was supposed to be in this month's OXM which I got this week & is actually the August issue, but has been delayed until next month's issue which will be the September issue...but subscribers will have it in July & it'll be on newstands in August.

Thank you for thoroughly confusing me. Is that a lock for the september issue subscribers can get in july and is on newstands in august, or do I have to wait until september to get the october issue on newstands unless I choose to subscribe in which case I'll probably receive august, september and october issues together sometime in november. :frowning:

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Thank you for thoroughly confusing me. Is that a lock for the september issue subscribers can get in july and is on newstands in august, or do I have to wait until september to get the october issue on newstands unless I choose to subscribe in which case I'll probably receive august, september and october issues together sometime in november.
Yep. That about sums it up!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks