What's new

Question re: Dead Presidents (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I did a search but didn't come up with the info I am looking for.

I purchased this title at Best Buy today. Good movie. But I am wondering if anyone knows what the aspect ratio of this film is?? It looks like it might be 2:35:1 but it seems like it may even be 'wider' than that.

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks!!

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Reviewer James Berardinelli says 2.35:1 at his site.

I think the DVD may be transferred at a different ratio? A little tough for me to tell with a 16x9 CRT and a non-anamorphic transfer.

-p

I beleive this film was shot in Super 35mm giving it an aspect ratio of 2.35:1. Its the same aspect ratio as "Terminator 2".

Gary Palmer

Stunt Coordinator
Perry is absolutely right. The movie was photographed in Super 35 (boo! hiss!) and projected theatrically at 2.39:1. The DVD framing is correct.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Gary, I'm in the '2.35 movies presented at other aspects on DVD' thread and know you've addressed broader Super 35 issues therein, but a (I think brief) question: is it because this movie was shot Super 35 that you know it was projected at 2.39:1?

-p

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well all anamorphic movies have been matted to 2.40:1 durring theatrical projection since the early 70's so I believe the answer would be yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks