Question re: AP2 R vs Unrated

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Butler, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

My sister works in radio and got me a AP2 DVD. She occasionaly gets free promo goodies of sorts and thought I might want this DVD. I thought that was sweet of her to grab this for me.

However its the R rated version and not the Unrated. Its w/s though which is a good thing. Im not complaining too much as I got it as a free gift and I havent had much cash lately and havent gotten around to buying this title and a few others that I want.

My question: What am I missing in the R vs Unrated versions? I have the UN for AP1 and I know theres not much difference with those.

Whos seen both versions of AP2?

BTW I havent seen AP2 yet. I missed it in theatres.

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

err, I didn't know there was an unrated version of Austin Powers 2. Not that I liked the film, but when did this happen?

3. JackWillson

JackWillson Extra

LOL I think he means American Pie 2

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

American Pie 2. Sorry I wasnt specific enough.

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Doh!
    Guess now I know why the mods recommend avoiding the use of acronyms, abbreviations etc. in thread titles.
    I'm now off to hide my shame.
    HANG ON! Why am I feeling ashamed about not recognising American Pie 2???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH

7. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

I only discerned two additional scenes in AP2 that differed between the R rated version and the Unrated version. The Unrated version has...

...a longer extended cut from the "lesbian scene" that shows a little more, and the "penis speach" that Jim's father gives at the hospital after Jim glues himself to himself.

Their may be more but that's the only two things I could tell were different.

8. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

Watching (or is it listening) to the commentary they mention 5 scenes that are not in the R-rated version that was in the theaters. 3 of them that I recall were in the first 20 minutes of the film.