What's new

Question re: AP2 R vs Unrated (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
My sister works in radio and got me a AP2 DVD. She occasionaly gets free promo goodies of sorts and thought I might want this DVD. I thought that was sweet of her to grab this for me.

However its the R rated version and not the Unrated. Its w/s though which is a good thing. Im not complaining too much as I got it as a free gift and I havent had much cash lately and havent gotten around to buying this title and a few others that I want.

My question: What am I missing in the R vs Unrated versions? I have the UN for AP1 and I know theres not much difference with those.

Whos seen both versions of AP2?

BTW I havent seen AP2 yet. I missed it in theatres.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
err, I didn't know there was an unrated version of Austin Powers 2. Not that I liked the film, but when did this happen?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Doh!
Guess now I know why the mods recommend avoiding the use of acronyms, abbreviations etc. in thread titles.
I'm now off to hide my shame.
HANG ON! Why am I feeling ashamed about not recognising American Pie 2???? ;) ;) ;)

DarrenA

Second Unit
I only discerned two additional scenes in AP2 that differed between the R rated version and the Unrated version. The Unrated version has...

...a longer extended cut from the "lesbian scene" that shows a little more, and the "penis speach" that Jim's father gives at the hospital after Jim glues himself to himself.

Their may be more but that's the only two things I could tell were different.

John Tuttle

Agent
Watching (or is it listening) to the commentary they mention 5 scenes that are not in the R-rated version that was in the theaters. 3 of them that I recall were in the first 20 minutes of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks