Question on using the external speaker switch on RPTV

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by M_a_r_k^NE, May 17, 2004.

1. M_a_r_k^NE

M_a_r_k^NE Agent

I dont know if this belongs in TV or the speaker forum. Anyway, I have a 52 inch CRT Rear Projection Widescreen TV. HD ready, etc. I know the best sound is thru your 5.1 A/V receiver, but a lot of times I just want to watch regular tv using the speakers that come with the TV. When I want to watch DVD movies then I turn on my heman system and use my receiver for the 5.1 sound experience. All other times use the regular tv stereo speakers. The manual says a 20 watt amp is inside for speaker sound. The speakers in my RCA 52" widescreen are decent and no slouch, but I am always looking for more. Most RPTVs have the hookup on the back for external speakers. My question is do many of you guys use the external speaker switch bypassing the tv speakers and use your own? If so, what would be a decent 2 speaker set for this? Thoughts?

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Why don't you just run the audio outputs on your TV to your receiver, and let your HT system do all the audio for that too...?

3. M_a_r_k^NE

M_a_r_k^NE Agent

I know I can do that, but I only want my main system on for DVD movies. I dont want to turn on all my stereo crap for just regular tv. I like variety.

No takers? I'm surprised no one is into this. Maybe I will try PSB Alphas speakers and see where it goes.