What's new

Question on the release of "The Legacy" (1 Viewer)

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
I seen that the Katharine Ross and Sam Elliot horror movie was coming out on DVD. Could anyone tell me the details of the release OAR anamorphic and sound? After making a fool of myself trusting dvdempire, I would rather get the correct details from you guys!:)

Edit: I have the release date as September the 7th right after Star Wars. No details on OAR and sound from all sources. IMDB says movie 1976 Dolby but is that surround or Dolby noise reduction? I'll keep looking, looks like a hot September DVD release wise guys!

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Is that the same "Legacy" movie as the one with the house and the white cat and the swimming pool from hell?

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
I like how the young woman dives into the olmypic size pool and comes up to find it been 'all' closed up and drowns, trying futally to find a way out of the sheet of glass on top of the swimming pool.

This is one beautiful Katharine Ross in 1978 near her "The Swarm" with Michael Caine and in 1980 her "The Final Countdown" role Ms. Scott the Senator Samuel S. Chapmans pretty assistant to become Mrs. Tideman married to CAG Commander Owens(James Farantino). Even with the 'old' makeup on she still was attractive to me.

She would have made a great James Bond girl also and IMHO

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Ernest I have it on VHS, but I will buy the disc. I noticed Sam Elliott was much younger than he was in 1995 when he acted as a retired Seattle bomb defuser in my Region 2 "The Final Cut" (Dolby Surround). I have loved every movie Katherine has been in and I have to have this one also.

Some people collect James Bond I collect beautiful women like Sophia Lauren, getting back to "The Legacy"AKA "The Legend of Maggie Walsh" she played a gal named Margaret/Maggie, I really don't want to spoil this film for the younger men who have never seen this movie. I believe you have to be a Katharine Ross or Sam Elliott fan to rent or buy this genre Horror film.IMHO :)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
This was a pretty bad film, however it did have it's moments. I am glad it is coming out. I classify this as a rent, however I would not hesitate to purchase if the price reaches the Walmart bargain bin collection level. I mean how can you beat Roger Daltry's character eating a chicken sandwich and choking to death on a chicken bone(LOL), if I remember correctly
:D .

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Dean I am not feeling well after seeing "The Day After" VHS
but I have to get it out of my head if I am to sleep. Yes I agree with your spoiler almost like Momma Cass Elliott, only she wasn't filmed. Maggie and friend forgot to drive on the left not on the right as they do in the USA, and on a motorcycle yet. Dean did you see most of the cast are from England, it seemed only Ross and Elliott were from the USA or do you recognize some other(s) from the USA?:)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
If I remember this film correctly it has some very nice Dick Smith makeup in it.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
The entire cast was British except for real life couple Ross and Elliot. The director actually directed one of the Star Wars sequels. I think he had a tad bigger budget for Star Wars than for this flick. The swimming pool scene and Roger Daltry's demise
were memorable.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The picture is pretty nice on this disk. By far the best I have seen it. I have always liked this film since 1st seeing it on cable in the 80's. I always felt it was influenced by Dario Argento's Suspiria, especially the end.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Was there ever a soundtrack out for this title? I always liked the title song when i saw it at the theatres, plus the eerie music score, and I remember the composer Michael Lewis, putitng out some of his soundtracks on CD in the 90's (THE PASSAGE, MEDUSA TOUCH, NAKED FACE) so was curious if this gotten that treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks