1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Question on the Pioneer DVR-A05

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevyn, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Kevyn

Kevyn Auditioning

While installing my A05, I noticed that there was this odd white connector on the far left side (if you're facing the back of the dvd-rw drive). I was unable to find any mention in the manual, or on pioneer's site about this connection. Does anyone have any insight on it? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but the description seemed to fit my question. Thanks for looking.
    [​IMG]

Noticed this on pioneer's part's site, perhaps it's related?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I've got the A105, the OEM version of this drive. Just looked and it's not mentioned in the documentation for that drive either. I can tell you that I have nothing connected to it and my drive works fine. Perhaps it's something for the manufacturers use?

3. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

Had to say for sure, but I think it's a digital audio output. I have a Pioneer DVD 106 (non burner) and that's what that spot is listed as -- should be able to use a SPDIF cable to connect to a digital input.

4. Kevyn

Kevyn Auditioning

Must be a weird spdif cable, as it's about half the size or less of the Analog connector. On all my other hardware, the spdif port is the same height as the analog connector, just 2 pins instead of 4

5. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

If that's a spdif connector it's the strangest one I've ever seen.

6. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

You may be right, I can't see the picture very well in the message, I was just going by the location in respect to the analog out comparing to the other Pioneer DVD.