What's new

Question on Swan Divas (1 Viewer)

DavidRod

Auditioning
I'm going to be purchasing a surround sound speaker system very soon and have narrowed it down to either an all Swan Diva setup using 4.1's, 2.1's, and a C3 or a complete Paradigm Monitor system consisting of 7's, mini-monitor's and CC-370. I've listened to the Paradigm setup and liked it very much and with the final price being $250 cheaper I'm kind of leaning towards it. My question is would the Swan Diva setup really be that much better? Are the Monitors even in the same league? The setup will be used mainly for home theater and some music. Thanks

Ron Hanson

Agent
Getting an unbiased opinion like this would be tough.
Anyone that has heard the Swans is probably an owner. No professional has reviewed them, they do not have a dealer network where you can audition speakers. Paradigm is an established company with a dealer network and they get many professional reviews.
I still think that if you want to go on reputation alone, you roll the dice. You should really audition any speaker before making a substantial investment. Maybe the return policy is good on the Swans so you can do an audtion. In home auditions are the best.
Sorry that was no help. :frowning:

DavidRod

Auditioning
Thanks anyways :) And yeah you're definetly right. You should always audition speakers before buying. It's just that nobody around my area has the Swan's. So i'm hoping to find some people who have heard both and can give me an opinion.

J

John Morris

Damn... I just heard a 5.1 channel Diva setup, and really liked it but have not heard recently a Paradign monitor setup. Overall, the 6.1s sounded pretty accurate and solid for music, but... I thought that the 2.1s and center channel were a weak link when listneing to SACD multichannel. Overall though, this was a solid music/HT system well worth the money... just not powerful enough for me, at this time.

I've owned/own Divas (2.1s/5.1s/6.1s/center), Axiom M80s/VP150/QS8/M3s, Mirage m5si.
Divas 6.1s are fantastic. But I wouldn't pay the full price of 1299. Ask them to send you B stock. I paid $900 for mine and couldn't find the cabinet blemish. The 5.1s are not quite that good in comparison.
The Axiom M80s are a fantastic deal, if you buy them from a dealer like Marc at www.audioshop.on.ca (but you have to ask him for additional discount, and remember his website prices are CDN$ prices, not USD). The Axiom M80 sounds as good as the Diva 6.1s but is cheaper, though doesn't look as nice. It definitely is better sounding then Diva 5.1s and 5.1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks