What's new

Question on SVS subs and placement????? (1 Viewer)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I have a few questions for all of you. I just posted pics of my HT room HERE and I was thinking of changing out the sub. The sub now (Paradigm pw-220) sounds great but not anywhere on the couch (main listening area) and I am limited on sub placement in that room as you can see.I was looking at the SVS subs (2 of the 20-39CS+) and I have never heard any SVS sub before but I hear they are great. Here are my questions.
Could I put the subs behind the front speakers in the corners (one in each) and put that FL speaker back on the stand...I know I "can" but how do yall think that will sound given the size shape of the room and the dormer windows. One of the subs would be right where the old one is so I don't what to spend the money on new subs and be in the same boat.
Would the 2 cancel each other out and sound like crap if they are in each front corner.
What about in the back next to the rear speakers...should a sub go in the rear??
Any input would be nice.
Also I dont know much on these subs but I am not going to be in this size room for ever...one day I plan to have a real made to order HT room and will upgrade all my stuff...are these subs good enough to keep if I upgrade like to the pre amps and all the bells and whistles or should I just keep what I have and do it all when the time comes.
Thanks
Mark

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Using the front corners should be fine. What do you think the distance would be between the subs in this case?

I would also try the rear corners. Since they will be much closer to the key listening position(s)..you could get better output/response performance from the sub(s). Before getting a new sub, try the pw2200 out in the rear corners too.(be sure to recalibrate it and tweak the phase) That's a good woof(twin 39+ would dust it...but it's good)so be sure to optimize it's performance before you look elsewhere.

TV

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
The subs would be about 11'-12' apart. I would like to stay away from having to put the subs in the rear...and the pw2200 would not really fit in the back...I think it might stick out too much but the SVS would not be too bad because they only take up 16" of floor space. Do you think I would run the risk of the dual SVS canceling eachother out? Also the wall goes up about 4 feet befor it starts to slope in...I dont know if that makes a difference.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I think I answered all questions in the private emails Mark, but if I missed anything...let me know.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks