What's new

Question on setup disc (AVIA or HE) (1 Viewer)

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought my first HDTV yesterday, Toshiba 51H83, and it's getting delivered today. I'm wondering if I should pick up AVIA now or wait until Digital Video Essentials comes out next month. It's cheaper and it's made for HDTV's whereas AVIA isn't, correct? I know the first thing I should do is turn down the contrast and the brightness, but has anyone checked out the service menu on the H83's yet, and if so, has it been posted anywhere what kind of settings are in there?
Thanks everyone

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
OK, tv's here and it looks great. Man I love the stretch modes on this. The only thing I've really done so far is switch the viewing mode to movie and lower the contrast and brightness a little bit more. I also did the 9 point covergence in all inputs. Now what should I do, besides let the tv run continuously for awhile.

Oh, and another question. Do most people here leave the viewing mode in film all the time, or just when watching dvd's? I'm also assuming that cable DNR is usually turned off as well?

Mark DesLauriers

Auditioning
I just took delivery of this model as well. It looks great out of the box. I turned contrast and brightness way down but I don't have AVIA or VE here. Any advice on setup/preferences?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks