What's new

Question on sanding (1 Viewer)

Frank_D

Agent
I just finished sanding and might be ready to paint except for one thing. I was using really bad lighting and after seeing it under a work spot light I noticed I sanded the drywall pretty good while trying to sand the seems.

My question is, can I just prime and paint over that or will it show? I am going with gray paint if that matters. They drywall isn't too bad but it's a little 'furry'.

What can I say, I'm a rookie at all this. :b

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator
Look through this forum. I think someone used a sand based paint that would provide some masking effect to oversanding. Maybe stop by your local Home Depot, Lowes, etc... and ask for their help.

Dont feel bad, I did the same thing with the wallpaper scorer/remover, my poor son's room has huge deep score marks in it in orbital patterns. I have to repaint to cover this.

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
Easy fix use some drywall spackle or joint compound and cover it up and tehn sand it very easy by hand should come out like new!

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
It will be noticeable if you just prime and paint over it. Spackle again and sand a little lighter over the drywall paper. Don't use sand based paint unless you want your whole wall "furry" and feel like sandpaper.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks