What's new

Question on Sampson 700 ohm loads and svs? (1 Viewer)

jonathanR

Stunt Coordinator
Hello:

I have one CS 20-39 plus and a sampson 700 amp and I'm trying to use the full output of the amp. The svs is rated at 4ohms and the sampson,(bridged),can deliver about 700w but at 8 ohms. Would connecting the speaker(4ohms) to amp this way(bridged 8ohms) reduce the output?

What If I use the amp in parallel mode 350w each channel(4ohms) and just run the (2) positives & negs from the amp both to the positive & neg connection of the (4ohm) speaker? What would be the load of this connection? Thanks for any help.

John

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Have a fire extinguisher handy if you try anything other than the recommended method.

350 is a ton of power.

Chriss M

Second Unit
connecting a 4ohm speaker in that way would increase the output, theoretically to 1400 watts. SVS does not recommend bridging the amp into a single sub.

jonathanR

Stunt Coordinator
So if i decide just to hook it up in a bridged way, should it be alright? I'm not looking for 700w into one channel.....I'll probably just knock down the sub preamp section quite a bit so its only getting 500w max. Just wasn't sure if the sampson s700 could handle a the svs 4ohm load in its bridged mode(8ohm) output. ???

John

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
The samson will most likely shut down if driven hard in 4 ohm bridged mode as it was not designed to operate in bridged mode for such a low impedance. I believe the lowest rated impedance in bridged mode is 8 ohms.

Just use the amp in the stereo mode. 350W is more than enough power for the SVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks