What's new

question on recievers (1 Viewer)

MichaelDW

Stunt Coordinator
is it worth buying a reciever with pro logic 2. how often do you use it? I allready read the basics page thanks for your help.

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a lot of old media (old VHS or even the few and far between DVD with only pro-logic or DD 2.0) you might appreciate it. Pro logic 2 does seem to provide a fuller environment than the original pro logic.

My own personal preference is to use prologic 2 for old 2 channel movies. I use it for cable TV too, but I wouldn't be heartbroken without it.

For music, I still prefer stereo to any of the other 2 channel processings for most of my discs, but for the few and far between that I do like surround processing, I prefer DTS:Neo Music to Pro logic 2 music settings.

So I guess in short, it's not a bad thing to have, but if I were without it completely, I wouldn't be rushing out to upgrade. If you're interested in a receiver that doesn't have it, I would get the receiver regaurdless. It's not worth sacrificing a sound that you've fallen in love with just to gain processing that really only enhances old material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks