question on purchase order

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dave-Z, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Dave-Z

Dave-Z Agent

I'm currently building a low to mid range HT system. It's going to consist of PSB Stratus silveris, C6i and mini's for surrounds. Also have a Velodyne cht-10(very curious what you might think about this model). Also planning on purchasing a new receiver(eyeing NAD 763 or 773).

Currently have denon avr-1700, the PSB Silveris, Athena ASB1's for surrounds, and above mentioned sub.

What would you folks recommend as an order of purchase?

Need center, surrounds, possibly a better sub and a receiver(or pre/pro but not sure I can comfortably afford a proper setup).

I spent $350 on the Velodyne cht-10m but can take ir back if needed.

Keeping in mind that all but the center and sub will be 4ohm, what might you prioritize if this were your system?

Thanks very much for any advice!

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Speakers make the biggest difference. Start with the mains and then timbre match the center. Then upgrade the sub and rears.
    If you can let us know what you want/can spend on the speakers. Also what amount on the receiver. I looked at the 763. Very nice receiver.

3. Dave-Z

Dave-Z Agent

Already have the mains, PSB Silveri's(2k/pair).
    *Will be getting PSB mini's for surrounds($1100/pair).
    *Will be getting PSB C6i center($800)
    **Have the Velodyne cht-10, cost me $350. (Will possibly be looking for different sub, this one was really just a trial, can be returned, and I think I can get better quality for not too much more $.)
    *Will be upgrading receiver to NAD 763 or 773($1300 range).

*items that I need to prioritize purchase order for.
    **not sure if I need to upgrade this or not, or return it and purchase perhaps a more important component first.

That pretty much sets up my budget, but I have to spread the purchases out a bit. Can only afford each item about every 2-3 months or so. My goal now is to aquire items in such an order as I continually improve, not stress, my growing system.

With a denon avr-1700, I know it's a real limitation factor, but also the priciest to upgrade, though the performance increase would probably be immense.

A bit of a quandry.

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Subs I would highly recommend a HSU/SVS sub. They can't be beat for the money......