What's new

Question on Prologic II (1 Viewer)

mike**d

Auditioning
I have an Onky HT-R510 receiver.

I have had it for a few weeks but something seems different now. I could be wrong but I am not sure.

The last thing I did about a week ago was trade in my digital cable box for a dolby digital box. It works great. The cable box is hooked up the the receiver with an optical cable.

The digital channels are in dolby digital: Dolby D 5.1 or dolby digital: Prologic II. Working great.

The problem is, when I watch a movie on a non-digital channel and I turn the receiver to prologic II (PCM: prologic II) I am getting nothing out of my surround speakers. If I put it into "TV Logic" mode, I get sound from my surround speakers. According to the instruction manual, I should be able to play any stereo signal in Prologic II.

I am pretty sure that I used to be able to play TV movies in prologic II. Could something have gone wrong with my receiver, or I am I just out to lunch?

One more question. My front speakers are contain 2 5 1/4" woofers with a tweeter--each speaker.

What would be the proper crossover frequency? The receiver says that 60Hz for larger than 8 inch speakers and 100Hz for 5 1/4 to 61/2 inch speakers. Do I add the two woofers in each speaker to get crossover frequency or do I use the 5 1/4 size.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

mike**d

Auditioning
One more thing. On non-digal TV channels there is no surround sound with DTS Neo 6 either.

The confusing part is that there is surround in all other modes. Digital Channes-yes, prologic II music/neo 6 music works with CDs and the tuner.

Of course dolby d and dts are working fine when watching DVDs.

Like I said, this could be the way it always was, but I am pretty sure that I had watched Tv movies in prologic II/Neo 6.

Thanks again for the help,
Mike

<Matt>

Auditioning
Does your receiver indicate it is getting a DD 5.1 signal? It might think it's receiving 5.1, and consequently not apply Pro Logic. You might have to change the output of the cable box from "Dolby Digital" to "PCM". See if that's possible.

For the speaker, I think you would want 100Hz. No matter how many 5.25 woofers you add together, they still won't be able to hit those low notes.

Matt

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

That may be your problem. Non-digital channels often do not include a DD signal. You may need a pair of analog connections for those channels.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

That may be your problem. Non-digital channels often do not include a DD signal. You may need a pair of analog connections for those channels.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks