What's new

Question on Pioneer Elite I-link. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Is that basically firewire? Can I upgrade the cable they use? Or is it just the one that pioneer comes with. If it is, is it still better than running it through optical or analog cables?

Also does the MCACC work well? This is the one major thing drawing me towards a pioneer elite reciever. Because If I dont do a pioneer elite Receiver I will proably go with seperates. Like rotel or maybe save up and do krell.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Yes, it is a firewire cable. You could upgrade it, but I don't know what advantage you would gain, since it is a digital cable with an already robust connector. According to Pioneer, it also sends information back from the master clock for a reduction in jitter.

The MCACC does work very well--much better than I expected, in fact. In addition to automatic level adjustment and time delay for quick and easy set-up(with the included microphone), it also offers equalization. All setting are manually overridable if you want to tweak things a bit.

I would still go with the Sunfire or Krell seperates you were considering, but if you don't want to spend the additional money and get a receiver instead, the 49TXI or 59TXI would be excellent choices.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks