What's new

Question on Paramount BR rebate (1 Viewer)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Just noticed the following on the Godfather $10 mail-in rebate for previous owners of the same title:

Store receipts must emanate from same state as consumer address.

Think this means that I cannot use my Amazon.com receipt (for the new BR set) for this rebate???

That would suck.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I know where I live - the thing says that the STORE must be in the same state.

Oh, well...I just sent the thing in anyways; if they reject it, so be it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
obviously you know were you live, Scoot was just saying that the receipt should have your address on it indicating your address to the rebate place.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The form also specified a "Cash Register" receipt. But tons of people ordered online. I can't imagine them rejecting all those rebates, there was nothing that said internet retailers are void.

MarkCinNC

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Callahan
Am I looking in the wrong place for proof of purchase on the original 2001 DVD collection? I don't see any tags on the slipcase or any of the disc paks inside.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, my rebate was denied for The Godfather.

I got a card back listing the reasons as these

1 Register receipt not original submitted or not an original. (I supplied the packing slip from Amazon. I didn't get a cash register receipt. Does that mean online orders are not valid)

11 Proof of purchase (UPC) did not contain valid prod# (I took one of the tabs from the blu-ray case and the UPC from the original Godfather case, I could not find any proof of purchase tabs.)

I have no idea what the problem was, the only thing it could be was that my receipt was not from a cash register. There was a number on the card, so I guess I'll have to call on Monday

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Mine was also rejected. Only the "Register receipt not original" was listed. I'm not surprised that they rejected my online purchase, considering the language of the offer.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
But that's complete bullshit. My purchase was just as legit as anyone else's. If anything the Amazon receipt is even more legit because it has my name and address on it. I'll be calling tomorrow.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I spoke to the rebate center today. They said that there was some kind of system error causing the rebates to be rejected, and that my refund is indeed being processed. They said that they did not fix the error in time to prevent the denial cards to be sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks