What's new

Question on mounting surround speakers (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Hey all,

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this.

I have 3 Infinity ES250 surround speakers that I want to mount hanging from a support beam in my basement. Trouble is they have the "keyhole" type of bracket on the back of the speaker, and most wall mount brackets don't seem to fit these. They are designed to be flat mounted.

Anyone else have any success mounting speakers of this nature?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You want to "hang" them from a beam? So it seems you would need to mount a bracket on top of speaker, not on the back, correct? I used surround speaker brackets from Walmart and they work great for me, and they're only about $8.00 per pair. The one half screws to speaker, and the other half mounts to wall, ceiling or whatever.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I had a similar problem one time with an old setup I used to run with Infinity surrounds. Not sure if I can explain this very good but I "hung" the speaker on the bracket with a bolt. The head of the bolt stuck out so I could hang the speaker on it. After the speaker was mounted I tightened a nut and lock washer on the threaded part of the bolt. I think it was like that for about 2 years until I switched my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks