Question on Formula 1 DVD -2000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Situ, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Ken Situ

Ken Situ Stunt Coordinator

The DVD says it's only 4 hours long, but yet contains scenes from all races in 2000.
    So my question is this: Does this DVD have complete races from start to finish, or is it just bits and pieces and highlites from all the races?
    I would not buy it if it's just bits and pieces from here and there.

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

It has to only be the highlights of the 2000 season.
    17 races at 1.5 hours each would require at least 25 hours of footage.

3. Derek J

Derek J Extra

Ken,
    I just bought it last night and I paid way too much for it ($19.99 at Tower Records). If you do buy it remember that Amazon is selling it for $14.99. NO, it DOES NOT have the full length of each race just highlights. IMHO, you should still get it because the on board camera shots are worth the price. If you do get it then crank up your system and check out the Eau Rouge footage from Spa and believe me it will take your breath away!! The only complaint that I have is that the onboard footage is edited into small 10 second parts. There are never really any on board shots that go on for an entire lap which I wish there were. The sound is good (DD 5.1) and the picture quality is superb. It's no Super Speedway as far as production quality but if you want some good F1 action then this DVD is for you.