What's new

Question on ebay and sellers (1 Viewer)

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
I'm about to pay someone for something I won at an auction, and the seller gave me an address or email to send the money to, but he (?) didn't leave a name - just some cryptic acronym or something...

Is that normal? It kinda smells sort of sleazy..or am I just paranoid? What should I do?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I've dealt with eBayers before that use nicknames even when dealing with US mail. I don't know why they do it.

I would say that if ...

1. The person has a good amount of feedback...

2. Has sold items of equal value in auctions before and completed those transactions to the satisfaction of the buyers...

3. and doesn't show any other signs of being shady,

then you'll be okay.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I think this is pretty shady. I have sold several items on ebay and I have always disclosed my full name as well as my home address. People should always know who they are dealing with. When money is involved this is just curtious professional behavior.

I would demand the full name of the person you are doing business with.

My two cents,

Greggor

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I've bought and sold a few things on eBay. I always like to know the name of the person I'm dealing with, and I always give out my full name to the person buying from me.

If the guy's got lots of good feedback he's probably OK.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I always give out my full name and ISP e-mail address. However, I do NOT give out my home address (I use a PO Box) and rarely give out my phone number. My auctions average about $350 and I haven't had a problem yet.... I am also PayPal verified, etc.

I strongly believe that people need to guard their personal info carefully online. There's a lot of wackos out there... =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks