Question on DVD-Audio features???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fernando Schaeffer, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Fernando Schaeffer

Fernando Schaeffer Auditioning

Just bought a DVD-Audio disc, through I don't own a DVD-Audio player yet. My current player is DVP-S550 from Sony.

I can listen to all song tracks, but can't seem to be able to browse through the menu to see the biography, video clip, etc.

Is that because my player is not DVD-Audio compatible?

Regards,

Fernando

2. Jaehoon Heo

Jaehoon Heo Stunt Coordinator

I believe those features you can not access belong to DVD-A area of the disc. A DVD disc can have both DVD-V area and DVD-A area. DVD Video-only player can access only DVD-V area. For the compatibility with non-DVDA players, major labels put some materials like DD5.1 or DTS encoded tracks of the same music in DVD-V area. But their quality is not as good as DVD-A tracks.

If you are interested in DVD-A, you will need to buy a DVD-A/V player to benefit from real potential of DVD-A format, and unfortunately, Sony doesn't support DVD-A yet in its DVD players.

3. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Correct...

Frankly, I don't find the still pictures / lyrics etc as interesting as the quality of the sonic presentation of DVD-A.

Regards,