What's new

Question on color shift during warm-up/RP Hitachi (1 Viewer)

I have a rear projection Hitachi 57" which gives (to my eye) a beautiful sharp picture with great color balance. My question is that for the first 30 seconds or so when turned on everything is very green, with normal color balancing out near the end of the 30 seconds. Is this typical and, if not, what should I do about it. The set is just over a year old and has gotten fairly light usage.

I have a rear projection Hitachi 57" which gives (to my eye) a beautiful sharp picture with great color balance. My question is that for the first 30 seconds or so when turned on everything is very green, with normal color balancing out near the end of the 30 seconds. Is this typical and, if not, what should I do about it. The set is just over a year old and has gotten fairly light usage.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What model Hitachi? I don't know anything about them, but it MIGHT be selfcalibrating (like how Sony CRT RPTVs can auto-converge at the press of a button).

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What model Hitachi? I don't know anything about them, but it MIGHT be selfcalibrating (like how Sony CRT RPTVs can auto-converge at the press of a button).

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

It is not self calibrating. This is normal on most sets, as the crts need a little time to warm up.

regards

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

It is not self calibrating. This is normal on most sets, as the crts need a little time to warm up.

regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks