What's new

Question on Banana Jack hookup? - Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

Logan:P

Auditioning
I have run all my speaker wire and I am using some banana jacks keystone plates. The question I have is what is the best way to hook up the wire to the back of the jack? The jack I bought has a "T" on the side that is inside the wall...

Since I can't post a link yet, here is the url of the jacks I bought - paste "as is" into your browser:

cyberxlink.com/product_info.php/products_id/228

TIA for any recommendations

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Remember that for each conductor a banana plug and wall jack combo has three joints, (1) from the wire inside the wall to the jack, (2) between the plug and the jack*, and (3) from the outside speaker wire to the plug. Ideally 1 and 3 should be soldered regardless of the instructions you are given, second best is following the instructions you are given if not soldering.

* There could be a fourth joint (1.5) between a soldering lug and the rest of the jack and the best although not always possible connection is to omit the lug and solder directly to the rest of the jack being careful not to melt the wall plate.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Logan:P

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestion - yet, I was really looking for a solution where I wouldn't have to solder every connection. I started to do this initially and figured it would probably take quite a while.

Can anyone suggest another type of connector that would slide over the backside of the jack?
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks