What's new

Question on Alias: Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I have a question on the Alias: Season 1 boxset. I have never seen this series and I have heard allot of good things about it. So I thought I would pick up the season 1 boxset next week and check it out.

Now I know I read something about the Alias: Season 2 boxset having a bunch of major spoilers in the opening sequence of the dvd... What I would like to know is does the season 1 boxset have these spoilers as well?

Thanks in advance! :)

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I don't recall any specific spoilers for Season One. After watching all of Season Two, the wife and I watched that spoiler filled preview on disc one of S2 - and boy did it ever ruin the whole season (if you watced it first.)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Jason... I can't wait to check out this series... I heard allot of good things about it.

So on season 2 you can go without seeing the preview? I was under the impression it was like forced trailers some discs have. Thanks... that makes me feel better if I like the series and end up buying season 2 also!

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I knew very little when my wife bought both seasons - took us about four weeks to get through both seasons - it was that good. Every night it was like "just one more before bed . . ."

S2 - you can chapter skip the previews - it's on after the previews for various Buenva Vista movies. (Luckily it's not Universal or you couldn't skip the trailers.)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's a very, very good show. I got some friends hooked on the show and they're itching for season 3 now (it's in the works).

Gord

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 had a preview on the last disc for season 2. However, this is mostly just clips from that season, and I think it gives a little bit away (not as much as the one on season 2)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Gord... I have been known to do this allot... especially since DVD's came out and can show a whole season at a time. I got so many people hooked on so many shows! Back when Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 came out. I had a friend come look at my dvd collection. She mentioned she never seen Buffy so I let her watch season 1. When I saw her next I asked if she wanted to start watching season 2. She said No... I just ordered the first 3 seasons off the internet!

BTW Gord... I just wanted to mention I love your site! it's definitely one of the best on the net... Keep up the great work!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I love that TV on DVD allows someone to get interested in a show they missed when it first aired. I've discovered so many shows that I either passed up or didn't have time for when they were originally broadcast.

Thanks for the compliment Pete.

Gord

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I know what you mean Gord... This HAS to be the best way to catch up on TV shows! The first time I seen series like 24, Star Trek: TNG (all though only been able to afford the first 2 seasons so far!)and the first couple seasons of angel was on DVD... Our cable company sucks and we just in the past couple years got WB and UPN.

Feels so good to be able to sit down and watch a full season at a time! :)

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Pete. The season 1 dvd set has a season 2 preview on the final disc of the set, but it's one of the bonus features, so it's something you'd choose whether or not to look at. (It doesn't give away too much, mostly just whets your appetite for season 2, but you might as well skip it if you're buying season 2 anyway.)

On the season 2 set, disc 1 launches with the previews. First a movie not yet in theaters (I forget which), then an Alias computer game, and last, the season 3 preview. That's the one that you need to avoid AT ALL COSTS or it will absolutely ruin season 2 for you. Just hit the menu button as soon as those previews start, and you'll be fine.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks MaraKM... I appriciate it... I now know exactly where... and how to avoid it on season 2. I am just buying season 1 to start with. See what I think of the show before buying season 2. :)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Boy am I glad I read this thread! I'm just about to start watching S2, and I don't want to have it ruined for me!

Funny thing is, I bought S1 simply to watch Jennifer Garner run around in wigs and skimpy little outfits, and ended up getting so involved in the story arcs that now I sometimes feel that the costume changes bog down the story! But only sometimes...;)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Don...
Glad the thread was a help to others as well.

You want to talk about funny thing... I didn't know who Jennifer Garner was till I saw the movie DareDevil! and yes I have to admit... that is a big reason I am going to buy the first season... sight unseen of course... here in a couple days. So I am glad to know so many people enjoy the show and will be more then just eye candy! :p)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well...
I just put in my order for this month. and I pretty much concentrated strictly on TV on dvd this time. I ordered:
  1. Alias: Season 1
  2. Angel: Season 3
  3. Smallville: Season 1
  4. Friends: Season 3[/list=1]

As you can see I like a little bit of everything. :D

Felicity... another show I didn't see.... Is this one I should have on my list to check out?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's a teen drama. If you want it just for JG, don't bother because she was just a guest in a few episodes. I watched it when it was on TV, but I also watched a lot of stuff...

If you hate Dawson's Creek and other Teen Dramas then you'll want to avoid it, but if you go for those kinds of things then you'll probably like it.

Gord

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
On the Alias Season 2 disc (disc 1) with the preview for Season 3, there are several other previews. The first one that loads is for Hidalgo (new movie with Viggo Mortensen), then another preview (which escapes me), then Alias Season 3, then Alias the game. All are accessible under the menu as well, in case you want to see some and not others.

I agree that the BVHV folks really dropped the ball on this one, putting a preview BEFORE the season 2 episodes that tell you the outcome of everything you are about to see. It's like putting a preview of Darth Vader and Luke's "chat" in the Empire Strikes Back before a showing of Star Wars.

Sam

PS Gord -- outstanding site; very happy to see the press you've generated; keep up the excellent work!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I found Felicity to be a lot better than other shows on TV at the time. Very sweet and keri russel was fantastic in it. I think the quality dipped a lot in seasons 2-4, but season 1 was just great. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Yeah "Felicity" is no Jennifer Garner showcase like "Alias" or "Dude, Where's My Car?".

[It is left as an exercise to the reader to figure out about which of the above I was kidding ;) ]

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks