What's new

Question on airspace in cabinet? (1503) (1 Viewer)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
I believe I read somewhere that I need to calculate the mass of the basket, motor, etc, and subtract it from the internal volume along with bracing.

1. Some one listed it before, but I cant find it. What is the area for the magnet,motor of the 1503?

2. How do I calculate the flange on the driver? I saw on the blueprint sight 8.5 in. Is that 8.5 x 8.5 x 1??

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

1. I believe Pat at Blueprint told me the volume displaced by the motor structure on the 1803 was .24ft^3. Since the 1503 has the same motor structure I believe you could use the same value for it as well.

2. I'm not sure I understand the question.

Brian

Ron Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Calculating driver displacement isnt very difficult. As far as magnet assembly goes, just multiply surface area by height. Surface area of a circle is (Pi X R sqared). For the displacement if the cone, use this formula (the small 2's mean squared):[(R1 2 H1)-(R2 2 H2)] Pi/3

R1 is the radius of the cone (at the surround), R2 is the radius of the cone (at the spider). H1 is the height of the cone from the surround to the spider, H2 is the height of the cone from the surround to the apex (an imaginary point, if the cone continued to taper to a point). Just guess at H2. The figure you get will be close enough. The basket volume itself can usually be ignored, as it will be insignificant. If you are going to the trouble of these calculations, dont forget to add the driver cutout to your box volume if the driver is front mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks