What's new

Question on adding an amp to a Denon 5803 ? (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
I have a question for ya's... If i want to buy a mutichannel amp for my 5803, how does it work? Do you go into the system setup and turn off all the internal amps? or, do you just connect the cables and it automatically shuts off the internal amps? How's it work? Thanks guy's.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Chip,

you would just use the pre-amp outs on the denon and connect them to the external amplifier.. the denons amps would be by-passed automatically.

Craig

Chip E

Screenwriter
Thanks Craig,

So it automatically bypasses the internal amps simply by connecting to the preouts ? That was one of my guesses. Now, which amp! Rotel and Parasound seem to be the ones i'm thinking of.. i like nuetral to warm sound. Definately don't want anything close to being bright or harsh at the top. My speakers are PSB Stratus Silveri 's, C6i center, Image 10S surround's & SVS 20-39PC sub.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I have a similar setup as you, with PSB Stratus Goldi's, C6i center and Image 2B surrounds & Paradigm Servo-15 sub, but with a TagMcLaren AV32R as my prepro. I chose the Rotel RMB-1095, mainly because it sounds almost identical(to me) as the Parasound HCA-2205AT, and was quite a bit cheaper where I am. The 1095 has many great reviews, and conservative power ratings as well. Although rated at 200Wx5@8ohms, I recall a review where the reviewer actually measured close to 300W@8ohm during clipping, and around 400W@4ohm during clipping. Its also built like a tank and sounds wonderful. I'm using it for both HT and musical duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks